To continue to be an independent voice informing patient choice, and championing the responsible application of science, we need you to make a regular donation and become a Friend of PET.
Regular donations are vital to enable us to:
- Keep BioNews free to read and accessible to all.
- Respond quickly to events and lead the debate.
- Be bold in our choice of issues to tackle.
- Plan for future projects without fear or favour.
A regular income from the Friends of PET allows us to make sure our objectives are met in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible – through events, campaigns, educational initiatives and BioNews.
Support from Friends of PET has helped us to:
- Play an integral part in the campaign to change the law in the UK to permit mitochondrial donation to be used to avoid the transmission of mitochondrial disease.
- Hold the first public discussions on a range of topics including genome editing, epigenetics and mitochondrial donation.
- Put issues on the government's agenda by leading the debate on issues such as the 14-day rule for embryo research, extending the ten-year storage limit for women who wish to store eggs for non-medical reasons, and reforming surrogacy law.
In return, Friends of PET receive:
- A discount on attendance at all PET events where there is an attendance fee (for up to five staff members, in the case of Corporate Friends).
- The Friends of PET newsletter, Progress Report.
Since 1999, we’ve published more than 1,000 editions of BioNews, but we can’t stop there. Each edition of BioNews costs around £1,200 to produce, and Friends of PET enable us to keep the publication free for everyone who needs to access it.
Last year, we published around 450 articles on BioNews. Your gift will help us match that this year.
Support our work become a Friend of PET today.
Become an individual Friend of PET
You can become an individual Friend of PET by making a minimum donation of £3 per month, although £5 a month would be much appreciated and £10 a month would be a tremendous help.
Become a corporate Friend of PET
Becoming a corporate Friend of PET costs a minimum of £150 per annum for NHS or charitable organisations, and a minimum of £300 per annum for all other organisations.